Geelong Business Collaboration for the greater good
by Belinda Lyle in Business
In a great example of how businesses can work together, a group of Geelong cabinetmakers are taking a new approach.
It’s business a Geelong business collaboration for the greater good.
On trend kitchens, sophisticated bathrooms, wardrobe space I can only dream of …
Bringing the idea of Independent Cabinetmakers Geelong, (ICM Geelong), to fruition is one project I love working on, even though it makes me want a brand new kitchen, bathroom, linen press, walk-in-robe and … the list is endless.
It’s a collaboration that benefits cabinetmakers, related suppliers and of course home renovators.
The aim of ICM Geelong is to highlight the skills and quality product manufactured by the local Geelong cabinet making industry.
ICM Geelong has the support of Geelong Chamber of commerce chief executive officer, Ms Bernadette Uzelac, who believes ICM Geelong is a great example of small businesses working together to ensure jobs are secure and to keep work local. And, the collaboration is grabbing the attention of the media.
- If you’re looking for cabinetry, you can now visit ICMGeelong.com.au and see the outstanding work cabinetmakers in the Geelong, Surf Coast or Bellarine areas have on offer.
- Related social media (Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest) shows ideas for home improvement projects from kitchens, bathrooms, al fresco areas, office fit outs through to wardrobes and entertainment units.
- ICM Geelong allows cabinetmakers and suppliers to work together and pool resources to win contracts for larger domestic and commercial projects.
- Acquiring the latest equipment and machinery is an expensive outlay so many cabinetmakers now specialise in a particular area. Eg. there are cabinetmakers specialising in providing cut-to-size board, using the latest cutting equipment, to their installation colleagues.
- And, we’re putting the focus on the industry. This aspect has the support of The Gordon TAFE who are keen to promote the opportunities of cabinetmaking apprenticeships to school leavers.
ICM Geelong is forward thinking – it’s about taking the cabinetmaking industry into the future.
The ICM Geelong initiative has gained incredible support from Laminex Australia, Polytec, Lincoln Sentry, HVG Building and Home Appliances. Local industry suppliers Sandman Stone, Newgrove Benchtops and Cabinetmakers Choice, Geelong Tiles & Bathware and more recently E & S Trading are also on board.
And, the fun bit… radio voiceovers, interviews, photo shoots with ICM Geelong brand ambassadors Dani Wales & Dan Reilly (Foreman Dan), contestants from the TV series, The Block 2012 and The Block All Stars 2013. You’ll even see Dani & Dan driving around Geelong on the back of trucks – ICM Geelong’s mobile billboards!
Building a database of followers, ICM Geelong gave away a home kitchen improvement to the value of $15,000. You can follow the progress of the kitchen and see the before and after pics at their blog.
ICM Geelong run regular events beneficial to renovators, interior designers and those undertaking any home improvement projects.
Stay tuned, ICM Geelong is only just getting started!